Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Skill of Walking

Two things you should know before I begin my story. First, through an often dry irrigation ditch in between houses, a friend and I can reach the other's home relatively quickly, and we use this route often. Second, my right ankle is currently very weak from having sprained it in one of my more clumsy moments.
So there I was, about to go back home with my friend through the ditch, in the dark, wearing perilous heels. I hesitated.
"Lyssa, I don't think I can walk in..."
KAPOW!!
Never has there been a more ironic or more quickly fulfilled prophecy than that statement.
Lyssa looked down at me, sprawled all over her completely-safe-to-walk-across-unless-you-have-my-skills front yard.
"Nope. You definitely can't walk."
We spent the next ten minutes laughing hysterically at my superb grace. You have permission to laugh as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment