Tuesday and Wednesday I was attending a workshop which lasted all day. I learned a ton, and -- for the most part -- really enjoyed myself. It was composed of a small group, no more than six people, which really helped me to get to know the other attendees better. The simple fact of the matter is that I really enjoy more intimate circles, so that I can hear the life stories of those around me.
Well.
The second day, some strange things began to happen. I walked in, and one of the older men had taken the seat I had sat in the day before. No big deal -- I sat somewhere else. However, the man immediately stood up and left his seat, moving to the chair right next to mine.
Dear Reader. This man had to be in his fifties. I honestly felt a little creeped out. However, I assured myself that everything was fine.
Throughout the workshop, he kept -- very awkwardly, mind you -- randomly giving me advice. Such as imagining the people with whom I feel nervous in their underwear. Well. Thank you sir.
<<cue desperate prayer for deliverance>>
Finally, the day wound down to a close, and I stood up and left ASAP, heading for the restroom.
Dear Reader, this man waited for me, oh so patiently, to return, and called after me as I raced down the stairs.
I'd like to say that I was polite, and that I stopped to listen to him. But I just kept walking down those stairs, wincing as he shouted after me how I was just so cheery and positive and full of life as he tried the best he could to keep up with me...Would you look at the time! Thank you so much for your kindness. I hope you find employment soon. Goodbye!!
<<cue purposeful businesswoman walk that implies I'm late for a meeting as I desperately put as much distance as possible between him and me>>
I think it may be time for me to invest in some good ol' pepper spray, don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment